I took a new position a the school this year. I am the TA for the resource teacher. I have only worked with the kids for two days but I have already been made acutely aware of how blessed I am. These kids I work with have been given a raw deal in life. They struggle to do the simplest of reading and math problems. They do, however, show up everyday willing to work harder than any kid I know, just to get the basics.
My hope for the time I have in this position is to learn gratitude and patience. I hope I can transfer what I learn to my own children.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
think of my little Sammie who is one of the resource kids. She is struggling, big time, with simple reading and basic math. Her learning disabilities seem worse all the time, despite the progress she is making, she is not making enough to make up ground with her peer group. Sad and frustrating, but her little attitude is great and she loves school, she just does not realize yet that she is at a severe disadvantage and has a long way to go. I hope, when that realization comes, she does not turn to frustration instead of her cheerful optimism.
Post a Comment