
Fourteen years ago, my parents were trying to convince me to date other people and not Matthew so much. I am glad that their words weren't even in my mind that night as I told Matthew I loved him and would marry him. I knew he was the man for me to marry in October of 2004. It took till February of 2005, however, for me to con Matthew into thinking we should get married. I am so thankful I did and I still love him very much. So, because it is sappy valentines day (nearly) I thought I would post a sappy list of why I love Matthew. Here goes, in no particular order
1) because of his multiple personalities. Never the same man comes home two nights in a row.
2) because all of his multiple personalities are kind and good.
3) because he is willing to finish all of my projects when I am in over my head and doesn't get very mad. (think old wallpaper)
4) because he is willing to always check out what goes bump in the night (and in the day too)
5) because he always has an alternate plan b when things go awry.
6)because he tells me everyday that he loves me.
7) because he tells me several times a week that I am beautiful and sometimes he even makes me believe.
8) because he only rolls his eyes a little bit when I jump up and down like a two year old because it is snowing, again.
9) because he pushes me out of my comfort zone, sometimes he has to push me overboard (scuba diving)
10)because he encourages me to become better.
11) because when I ask, he never tells my secrets.
12) because he tries to stay healthy and encourages me to do the same.
13) because he got me into running
14) because he can take a hint, most of the time
15) because he loves my family
16) because he is the only one who can convince me I am wrong
17) because he let me pick out the red couches
18) because he makes sure I get Mexican food on a regular basis
19) because he doesn't complain when I wear pink 14 days in a row.
20) because I still enjoy looking at him
20) Mostly because he didn't run away when he realized what I con artist I am.
I love you Matthew!!

2 comments:
That was a very wonderful and original post. My own wife would deliver a much shorter list. :)
That was a sweet post. Last year for Valentines Day I gave Mike a list of 100 reasons why I love him. It took a long time to write and even longer for him to do one back for me, but they are always fun to read.
Post a Comment