Monday, July 7, 2008

San Diego






We just got back from San Diego. It was fun to see Shamu (or Shamu's tricky replacement), the zoo and the beach. I think the kids had the most fun at the beach. I basically took a nap while allowing the kids to do what they thought would be fun. We ended taking back more than our fair share of the sand and a bit too much sun, but it was a lot of fun. My favorite part was going for a run on the coastal highway. I have always wanted to take a road trip up the entire coastal highway, but running a few miles of it has satisfied me for a while.

It also happened to be the San Diego county fair, so we were able to watch some great fireworks on the fourth, something we just happened in to.

We were able to meet up with Matthew's Aunt and Uncle, who live in California, for breakfast and meet Uncle Alfred's cousins. They are some very nice people and we had a nice breakfast.

However, what is usually the best part of any trip turned out to be a nightmare (literally) for me. I always like the first night home, sleeping in my own bed. But last night was awful. I couldn't sleep, my creepy legs were back, and my head felt like I had been drinking for hours (I am assuming that is what it would feel like.) Hopefully, tonight I will get that perfect night back in my own bed because on Thursday, I get to sleep in a tent again at girls camp. I am sure that will be worthy of a blog on it's own.

1 comment:

jg said...

looks like a blast! Your going to girls camp, fun!