Today was field day and my last PTA event. It feels great to have the year behind me. I have to say, while everyone assumes that it was a terrible year, I feel it was a pleasant experience. Now, I must admit, PTA leadership at the state level was overbearing and mean when we looked into becoming a PTO. Putting that fun exercise aside, I was impressed by the time, money, diligence and care that the parents of my school put into the activities. I was probably a pain in the you-know-what because I was always asking if we needed to do things just as they were always done, or if there could be a better way, and therefore made several changes. The ladies on my board were totally supportive of me and were always there to help. I am a bit overwhelmed by the talent and compassion at the school I witnesses this year. It is something I would have been oblivious to had I not been the PTA president. I would recommend the job to anyone who is interested. If you go in with a pretty thick skin and an open mind, you too, I am sure, will be touched by the people at your school.
Now, on to summer!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment