Saturday, May 3, 2008

Finally over

Ok, I have had some pretty busy weeks, but this last one really was busy at it's finest. Not only was it teacher appreciation week, (thank goodness for a great committee for that one) & I had a two day conference in Provo, I also had the 5K to prepare for on Saturday. Somehow, everything happened without too many problems. We managed to pamper, feed and award 80 teachers and staff all week long. I truly hope they all felt appreciated. I did attend the conference in Provo, however, I don't feel it was all that successful. I am sure that the majority of my time there was time misspent, and I could have used that time back at home. Saturday morning came all together too early. Only because Katherine woke me up at 3 a.m. to tell me she could hear Carbon Monoxide leaking in the basement. I was able to calm her by showing her it was just the water softener refilling. Silly girl. Of course I couldn't get back to sleep with the 5k event running through my mind. I finally got up around 5 but didn't leave the house till 6. I am very glad to write that I was able to blow the air horn 30 seconds after 8. The race began on time, nearly 300 registered, and the winner crossed the line just before 8:20 and seconds before Lex and Adi finished. Matthew & Elliot wasn't too far behind. Elliot was the second in his age group to finish. Jilynn, Emilia and Katherine also finished in good time. Over all, it was a fun event.
By 4 today I was ready to drop. I did fall asleep around 6, so now I am on my second wind that has just about blown over in the time it has taken me to write this blog. And so, back to dreamland I go........

No comments: